Sunset At The Window


Sunset At The WIndow, originally uploaded by greggscott.

It is said that no two sunsets are the same. This is probably true. However, I have lived looking out to this apartment and tree for 8 years and have never seen dusk look anything like this.

I like this particular photo because it almost makes it appear that the fiery light of the setting sun is blasting right through the building. I shot this scene a number of times but the one where the tenant of the suite appears at the window is my favorite. In truth, I didn't even notice her until after I uploaded the .jpegs to my MacBook. Without her the image, although colorful, is static.

As is custom with most of my personal photography, no Photoshop effects or post-processing of any kind was done with this digital still. I employ only in-camera adjustments while shooting. In this case I added a polarizing filter.